Fodor's, "Fodor's Chicago 2016"
ISBN: 1101878533 | 2015 | EPUB | 320 pages | 12 MB
Fodor's Chicago is the perfect companion for a trip to this quintessential American city. With colorful features and the most updated information, Fodor's Chicago gets straight to the best of what this city has to offer, everything from art to architecture to shopping, baseball, jazz, and the very best deep-dish pizza. Our in-depth coverage also includes top reasons to visit the culturally and historically rich suburbs of Chicago, including Frank Lloyd Wright's Oak Park home studio, the Mallott Japanese Garden at the Chicago Botanic Garden, and the Brookfield Zoo.
• EXPANDED COVERAGE: Includes reviews of the hot new eateries and lodgings in Chicago's many exciting neighborhoods.
• ILLUSTRATED FEATURES: An in-depth illustrated feature on the Art Institute of Chicago helps travelers make the most of a visit to this magnificent museum, and a feature on the history of the skyscraper explores the city's iconic architecture. A color-rich feature about Frank Lloyd Wright and his life and work acts as a guide to appreciating the architect's work in Oak Park, just outside Chicago. Features on Chicago chefs and blues music help visitors make the most of their time in this vibrant city.
• INDISPENSABLE TRIP-PLANNING TOOLS: Neighborhood planners with easy-to-use maps, a colorful How To Eat Like a Local spread, and Best Bets for restaurants and hotels makes planning any trip a snap.
• DISCERNING RECOMMENDATIONS: Fodor's Chicago offers savvy advice and recommendations from local writers to help travelers make the most of their time. Fodor's Choice designates our best picks, from hotels to nightlife.
• PULLOUT MAP: A handy take-along map provides added value, giving travelers essential information about top attractions and nearby dining so they can travel with confidence.
• ABOUT FODOR'S AUTHORS: Each Fodor's Travel Guide is researched and written by local experts.